New Service or Auto-Pay
Setting up New Service or Change Personal Information with MC MUD # 8
If you wish to set up water and sewer service with MC MUD#8, please contact the district operator Hays Utility North at 936-588-1166. The operator can determine if your address is within the service area and help complete the application process. The form below contains the information collected for application; it can either be filled out over the phone, sent in by mail, or email to email@example.com. There is a connection fee and deposit required at the time of service request, and it must be collected prior to service being connected. This can be submitted by mail or by stopping by the Hays Utility North office.
New Online eStatements and Bill Pay is now available
Effective May 1,2018, MUD 8 and Hays Utility North are offering to all MUD 8 Residents ONLINE eSTATEMENTS, BILL PAY and AUTO BILLING PAY through its partner First Billing.
We encourage people to use the Online eStatements option, as this enables you to get your statements from anywhere and look at old statements (after May 2018). This will also reduce your MUD 8 expenses in needing to print & mail statements. There are several bill pay methods and an Auto Bill Pay option offered by First Billing. Please review these all of these options carefully as there a different convenience fees added for each options.
How to Sign Up for Online eStatements and Bill Pay
Signing up is easy, two ways to do this – online or by calling First Billing.
To sign up follow these steps:
- You will need your account number from a recent statement
- Go to https://haysnorth.
firstbilling.com to the First Billing site or call 1-855-270-3592
- Click on “create new account”
- Your account number will be a 15 digit number in this exact format. 19908-0123456789 where everyone in MUD8 have the same first 5 digits (19908), then a “-“, then your your old 10 digit account number with “no dashes”. The Statement you receive in May will have the new 15 digit account number.
- Enter zip code and email, create a user name, password and confirm password. You will get an email back which you need to click on to confirm your email.
- Sign-in. You can then register for eStatements, pay a bill, set up auto pay, etc.
- We encourage everyone to signup for eStatements so that you can get your statements anytime from anywhere. This is free. You will get an email each month when your statement is available. You can also review all of the other bill pay (auto bill pay) options.
- If you are currently having Hays debit your bank account automatically, this will not change. You do not need to sign up for a new bill pay method. But we would still appreciate it if you would sign up for eStatements.
If you have any other questions about service or billing please contact the district operator:
Hays Utility North Corporation
Billing address: P.O. Box 1170, Montgomery, Texas 77356
Physical address: 375 Lake Meadows Dr, Montgomery, Texas 77316
Montgomery County MUD # 8 has a Property Tax Rate in 2020 of $ 0.2968 per $100 of assessed value of the property; and ad valorem tax rate for the 2017 tax year is $0.30 per $100 of valuation.
a) The water usage rates are a tiered structure to encourage water conservation.
4,001 – 10,000 gallons$2.25 per 1,000 gallons
Montgomery County MUD #8
|0 – 4,000 gallons||$12.00 Flat fee|
|10,001 – 15,000 gallons||$2.50 per 1,000 gallons|
|15,001 – 20,000 gallons||$3.00 per 1,000 gallons|
|20,001 – 30,000 gallons||$3.50 per 1,000 gallons|
|Over 30,000 gallons||$5.00 per 1,000 gallons|
b) The Sewer Usage Rate is $ 26.00 per month flat rate for residential customers.
c) The LSGWC Fee is a pass through charge from the Lone Star Groundwater Conservation District and is billed at $ 0.09 (9 cents) per 1000 gallons of water used.
d) The Garbage Fee is a pass through charge from the Walden C.I.A. for garbage picked up at each residential customer. All questions concerning Garbage service should be directed to the Walden C.I.A. at firstname.lastname@example.org or (936) 582-1622.